Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One month in

I know, it's not exactly a month since Peyton was born but, regardless, I just wanted to post my progress in raising two children.

I knew raising children would be difficult, but I didn't know exactly what to expect. Alana is now walking, almost running at times and having a running toddler and a newborn is just crazy! Peyton is steadily gaining weight and I always say that she is definitely catching up for missed time incubating in my belly. She's getting chubbier by the second.

Alana has finally learned that her little sister is no longer in my belly but outside. She kisses her, and only her on command. When we ask for kisses, she runs away, however ask her to kiss her sister and she's all over her. However, she's a bit heavy handed so we always have to watch her around Peyton.

So far, no jealousy as of yet, unless you count the heavy-handedness which I'm not quite sure of yet. I've read that older siblings will get aggressive if bored, hungry or tired, but as of right now it just seems like she doesn't know her own strength. Maybe I'm in denial but one thing is for sure, Alana loves her little sister and Peyton loves her right back.

Can't wait for what's in store in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment