Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kim and Alfred's Baby Shower

Yesterday was my cousin's baby shower and I couldn't be more excited for her. A few months ago (around Valentine's day) I received a card from Kim and Alfred and it was one of the best surprises that I have gotten this year! In the card was the announcement that they were expecting a baby. Of course being pregnant I burst out in happy tears, excited to share this amazing journey with them. The most memorable part of that card though was when Kim wrote about her mom. In her eyes, Kim believed that her mom wanted us to share this experience together so we wouldn't be alone and I couldn't have agreed more. I can't wait to meet Aidan!!!!

From left to right: Kim, Tita Carmela, me, my mom

When I arrived at the baby shower, I brought a yummy chinese salad to be put together right before the party started, so in the meantime I went over to help set up with the balloons. Sadly, when I got back to my salad, it was already put together and nothing like what I had planned. Oh well, at least it was eaten!!!

Rule: finish the entire bottle without holding it

My poor Dad leaning his head on the tree trying to finish his bottle

The games they played that day were hillarious!!! I would reveal more about the games but since my sister is using the same games for my baby shower next week I'll just have to hold off a little longer :)

Our little family

A few fun facts about Kim and I:
Wedding Dates: (1 day apart)
  • Kim and Alfred: March 25
  • Annabelle and Francis: March 26
Birthdays: (2 days apart)
  • Annabelle: November 26
  • Kim: November 28
Baby Due Dates: (3 days apart)
  • Kim: August 21
  • Annabelle: August 24
All I can say Kim is that I am honored to be sharing this moment of our lives together. I can't wait for us to go on their first camping trip together next year just like your mom would have wanted. I love you and can't wait to meet Aidan! I'm sure he'll be just as amazing as you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment