Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Being greeted Happy Mother's Day today really got me thinking a lot about what it is to be a mother. I honestly felt undeserving of the title. It's a little like a right of passage. I know I'm carrying Alana right now, dealing with sacrificing my body, being uncomfortable, not drinking, having to wake up at random hours of the night to pee, etc. But right now I don't really have a choice, she's literally attached to me. When a baby is born, there is a just a larger sacrifice made and a choice everyday to be a parent. I don't feel that sacrifice yet. It's easy to carry a baby in your stomach and get spoiled by everyone around you. It is much harder to raise a child.

I hate to say it but I'm only starting to understand what my parents meant now when they repeatedly told me, "Watch Annabelle. One day you'll know what I mean". I always knew in the back of my mind that they were right, but never really wanted to admit it. Yes I was a stubborn child...I hope Alana doesn't take after her mother!!!!!!!

So to all the amazing mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment